Practice Areas | Employment Practices Review
We audit employment policies and procedures to help identify and correct mistakes before those mistakes lead to costly problems.
Employment law can be tricky. It is easy for even well-meaning employers to run afoul of the law and expose themselves to claims. And sometimes those claims can be very costly, not only in time and money but also in terms of public relations and employee morale.
To reduce this risk, Young Basile provides comprehensive fixed-fee review of employment practices to identify policies and procedures that may lead to claims and to offer pragmatic solutions.
Reviews typically include:
- Creating and maintaining employee handbooks and other employment policies and procedures tailored to the needs of your business
- Auditing of existing employment handbooks, policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Creating and maintaining form employment-related documents, such as employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, invention assignment agreements and termination agreements
- Conducting wage and hour audits to ensure that employees are properly classified and paid under applicable wage and hour laws
- Training for managers on EEO, diversity and harassment; union and labor relations; wage and hour classifications; and investigations and other HR-related issues.
Our seasoned employment attorneys come from private practice, in-house positions and governmental agencies such as the National Labor Relations Board. Together, they have litigated employment matters in dozens of jurisdictions and represented employers in hundreds of employment-related disputes, ranging from HR complaints to complex employment-related lawsuits spanning multiple forums.