Mr. Jacob concentrates his practice on commercial and insurance litigation. He is a veteran trial lawyer who has handled hundreds of contested matters during his career.
Examples of Mr. Jacob’s work include:
- Represented plaintiff inSales Pad, LLC vs. Marcus Lemonis LLC and Marcus Lemonis,in the WD of Michigan arising out of a failed business relationship.
- Represented plaintiff in TNR Industrial Doors vs PerforMax Groupin the ED of Pennsylvania in patent infringement and unfair competition claims.
- Represented plaintiff in Sauder Manufacturing Company vs. J Squared, Inc. in the ND of Ohio in patent infringement claim and in an IPR with the PTAB.
- Represented defendants in Excel Homes, Inc. vs. Insight Investment & Development, LLC in the ED of Michigan in copyright infringement, unfair trade practices and unfair competition claims.
- Represented a media artist in a copyright infringement claim and in an insurance coverage dispute arising out the publication and commercial use of musical recordings.
- Represented plaintiff in New Center Stamping vs. GAZ US, LLCin an auto supplier dispute in both an arbitration and in the Oakland County Circuit Court (Michigan).
- Represented plaintiff in Cendrowski Selecky Professional Corporation vs National Association of Certified Valuation Analystsin the ED of Michigan arising out of the ownership and use of copyrighted materials.
- Represented defendants in DP Connors, LLC vs. NH Learning Solutions Corp.in the ND of Illinois in a minority shareholder valuation dispute.
- Represented plaintiff in Kay Investment v. Brody, 273 Mich App 432 (2006), where the court held a business relationship to be a joint venture notwithstanding attributes of being a partnership.
- Represented the designer and engineer of computer hardware and software applications in a breach of contract dispute with a supplier of military equipment to the United States Army.
- Represented plaintiff in Thielenhaus Microfinish Corporation vs. Deere & Co. in the ND of Illinois in a contract dispute involving the design and manufacture of a rod microfinishing machine.
- Represented one of the defendants in MSC Software vs. Altair Engineering in the ED of Michigan in a misappropriation of trade secrets and several related business tort claims.
- Represented plaintiff in Louis Leonor vs Provident Life & Accident, 730 F3d 682 (6th 2015) where plaintiff recovered long-term disability insurance benefits because of being totally disabled from his occupation.
- Represented plaintiff in Tunkers, Inc. vs. Spen-Tech Engineering and General Motorsin the Oakland County Circuit Court (Michigan) in a breach of contract dispute arising out of the design and manufacture of the power rolling conveyor equipment and related accessions for installation on a General Motors assembly line.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV peer review rated
- Michigan Super Lawyer, 2007-2011
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section, Rule 11 Sub-Committee
- State Bar of Michigan, Standard Jury Instruction Committee
- Oakland County Bar Association, Circuit Court Judges Committee