Mr. Fish practices in the area of complex commercial litigation, with extensive experience in manufacturing supply chain disputes involving the Uniform Commercial Code and the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale and Goods. Mr. Fish has handled numerous shareholder disputes, representing both majority and minority owners in obtaining injunctive relief, significant settlements and verdicts for his clients.
He counsels clients on a broad range of business matters and has handled numerous trade secret and non-compete cases where he has obtained injunctive relief enforcing restrictive covenants. Mr. Fish has practiced in federal and state courts in Michigan, as well as other jurisdictions across the country.
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2011-2018
- Obtained a jury verdict of no cause of action representing the seller of a commercial real estate development project in a multi-million dollar claim. The trial victory also resulted in the client being awarded its attorney fees and costs.
- Represented a Michigan automotive supplier in “bet the company” litigation against Spanish and French automakers in a pricing dispute. Significant, aggressive motion practice at the onset of the case resulted in a multi-million dollar settlement for the client and the stabilization of its business.
- Won a bench trial and obtained a no cause verdict on behalf of shareholder doctors in a multi-million dollar claim against them. Prevailed on clients’ counterclaim and obtained an award for attorney fees and costs.
- Won a summary judgment motion in a “bet the company” case representing a vinyl supplier in a dispute with a Tier One automotive supplier. After the plaintiff’s claim was dismissed, a long term supply contract was negotiated in settlement of the client’s counterclaim.
- Won a motion for immediate possession of tooling under the Michigan Special Tools Lien Act resulting in a $1M payment and subsequent prompt favorable settlement with Michigan and Portuguese automotive suppliers.
- “Beware of the Watchdog: Responding to the Business Software Alliance”Michigan Bar Journal
- “Enforceable Contracts Under CISG” – 8 Automotive OE Supplier News 12
- “Suppliers:When a Long Term Contract is More of an Anchor than a Windfall”– Business Resource Guide, Detroiter
- “Battle of the Forms” –Michigan Tooling Association Tool Talk
- “Litigating Non-Compete Agreements” – Employment Law Seminar
- Michigan Council of Women in Technology Executive Board Member
- Oakland CountyBarAssociation