Dr. Singh’s practice is focused on the preparation of patent applications, patent prosecution and client counseling in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, drug delivery, medical devices, organic chemistry and software. He has prepared patent invalidity, patent infringement and freedom to operate opinions. He advises clients on strategic issues including portfolio design and maintenance, mechanisms for obtaining exclusivity for pharmaceutical products, foreign filing and patent issues important in licensing transactions, corporate transactions and financing.
Prior to working at Young Basile, Dr. Singh practiced at Syndicated Law, P.C. He also served as an Intellectual Property Consultant with 365 Ewing Terrace, serving life sciences companies throughout California, and as patent counsel for PharmacoFore, Inc. Dr. SIngh also practiced with Cooley Godward LLP, Dorsey & Whitney LLP and Pennie & Edmonds, LLP.
Dr. Singh served as a staff Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry at Affymax Research Institute, where his research experience included peptide medicinal chemistry, peptide synthesis, combinatorial chemistry and pharmaceutical lead optimization. He served as an American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of California, Berkeley and a Graduate Research Assistant at Stanford University.
- Wender, P.A.; Sieburth, S.M.; Petraitas, J.J.; Singh, S.K., “Macroexpansion Methodology. Medium Ring Synthesis Based on an Eight Unit Ring Expansion Process,” Tetrahedron 1981, 37, 3967.
- Wender, P.A.; Singh, S.K., “Synthetic Studies on Arene-Olefin Cycloadditions VIII. Total Syntheses of (±)-Silphiperfol-6-ene, (±)-7αH-Silphiperforl-5-ene and (±)-7βH-Silphiperfol-5-ene,” Tetrahedron Lett. 1985, 5987.
- Wender, P.A.; Singh, S.K., “Synthetic Studies on Arene-Olefin Cycloadditions 11. Total Synthesis of (-) Retigeranic Acid,” Tetrahedron Lett. 1990, 2517.
- Wender, P.A.; Ternansky, R.; DeLong, M.; Singh, S.; Olivero, A.; Rice, K., “Arene-Alkene Cycloadditions and Organic Synthesis,” Pure & Appl. Chem. 1990, 62, 1597.
- Jackson, D.Y.; King, D.S.; Chmielski, J.; Singh, S.; Schultz, P.G., “General Approach to the Synthesis of Short Alpha-Helical Peptides,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1991, 113, 939 1.
- Vetter, D.; Tumelty, D.; Singh, S.K.; Gallop, M.A., “A Versatile Solid Phase Synthesis of N-Linked Glycopeptides,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 1995, 34, 60.