Ms. Knight is an electrical engineer that practices mainly patent prosecution. She has extensive experience prosecuting patents involving software, semiconductors, sensors, motors, electronics and control systems. Ms. Knight also prepares clearance and infringement opinions in the area of electrical engineering.
In her litigation practice, she successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of a client against allegations of patent infringement, theft of trade secrets and breach of contract. The appeals court upheld the decision on the appealed counts.
Prior to joining Young Basile, Ms. Knight was an engineer in the electric power industry. During her 10-year experience in that industry, she was responsible distribution engineering, including design for new and upgraded distribution facilities. She was also responsible for long-term transmission planning and short-term transmission operations and represented her employer at the regional power pool level on several transmission committees.
- Choreography and Copyright: A Complex Pas De Deux, Michelle L. Knight, Michigan Bar Journal, September 2021
- Volume Turns up on MP3 Debate, Dickerson Downing & Michelle Knight, NY L.J., September 15, 1999 at s6
Ms. Knight’s clients have included automotive manufacturers and suppliers, manufacturers of precision testing equipment and software companies.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Connecticut