Ms. Ossian concentrates her practice on information technology transactional law. She assists technology companies using technology with contracts, terms for online and mobile applications and privacy policies. Ms. Ossian is the Managing Editor of “Social Media and the Law” first published by PLI in 2013 and updated annually. She is also an Adjunct Faculty Member at Oakland University where she teaches a course in cybersecurity law and ethics.
Ms. Ossian represents varied types of technology companies and organizations using technology, including financial services companies, non-profits, law firms and municipalities with transactional information technology needs.
- “Social Media and the Law”, Practicing Law Institute, by Kathryn L. Ossian, Managing Editor (July 2013, last updated April 2021)
- “Asked and Answered: Kathy Ossian on websites and the Americans with Disabilities Act” Oakland County Legal News, November 14, 2018
- “Asked and Answered: Kathy Ossian on the Equifax Breach” Oakland County Legal News, Sept. 29, 2017
- “Mavrix Photographs, LLC v. Live Journal, Inc.” Leading Internet Case Law (June 2017)
- “Gary W. Sgouros v. TransUnion Corp., TransUnion LLC and TransUnion Interactive” E-Commerce Law Reports (April 2016)
- Best Lawyers in America, Information Technology Law, 2007- present 2012 Detroit Information Technology Lawyer of the Year
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Lawyers 2009-present Information Technology/Outsourcing 2007-present
- Intellectual Property 2006
- DBusiness Magazine, Top Lawyers, Information Technology, 2011-2014
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2011 Women in the Law