Mr. Garascia concentrates his practice on protecting and enforcing patents, trademarks and trade secrets in North America, Europe and other rapidly developing regions. With over 20 years of experience, he manages large patent portfolios and offers strategic advice to leverage intellectual property assets. Mr. Garascia assists business partners on technology clearance and infringement opinions, licensing, and other intellectual property transactions.
A skilled and experienced litigator, Mr. Garascia has litigated patent, trademark, and trade secret litigation at all levels from infringement investigation, pleadings, discovery practice, trials and appeals. Although aggressive, his focus is always on efficient and cost-effective resolution of disputes in the best interests of business partners.
Mr. Garascia practices the highest ethical standards and professionalism. He serves as head of the firm’s risk management and professionalism initiatives. He formerly served as chairman of the Oakland County Bar Association professionalism committee.
Mr. Garascia is knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs of varying business organizations having worked as an engineer at the Chrysler Corporation and automotive specialty products company, ASC, Inc. Having extensive engineering field experience and having worked in other business areas ranging from advanced design, purchasing, manufacturing and quality control, Mr. Garascia brings practical business and technical knowledge to every aspect of his practice.
- Law Review: Assoc. Editor, 1995-1996
- Evidence of Conception in Patent Interference Practice, UDM Law Rev. 1996
- Learning to Practice Law, Oakland County Bar Assoc., Laches, June 2003
- The Practice of Law – It’s Not Just a Job It’s a Profession, Oakland County Bar Assoc., Laches, September 2000
- State Bar of Michigan
- Chairman Professionalism Committee, Oakland County Bar Assoc., 2003-2005
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law for Engineers, Lawrence Tech. Univ., 2003
- Director, Kettering Univ. Alumni Board of Directors, 2002-2006
- Frequent lecturer to engineering and business students at Lawrence Tech. Univ. , Kettering Univ., and Michigan State University
- Den Leader, Cub Scouts, 2006-2008