Mr. Maskeri focuses his practice on patent preparation, prosecution and counseling for domestic and international clients. He has drafted and prosecuted domestic and foreign patent applications related to various medical devices including cardiac mapping and ablation catheters and systems, surgical equipment, intraocular lenses, phaecoemulsification devices and systems, implantable electrodes, bone and joint implants, breast implants and expanders, sensors (fiber optic, magnetic, and ultrasound) and nutraceutical compounds involving combinations of pharmaceutical and herbal compounds. He has also drafted and prosecuted numerous domestic and foreign patent application in the electrical and electronics fields, as well as in software, semiconductors and storage devices. He has also conducted infringement analysis in various technologies and helped clients to prepare customized, global IP strategies by performing portfolio mining and drafting claims charts to identify potential licensing/litigation candidates. Prior to joining Young Basile, Mr. Maskeri was a senior associate at Volpe and Koenig, P.C., where he had practiced since 2007.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Maskeri had over ten years experience in various roles in life sciences. He was an associate scientist in process sciences for Centocor, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson; a research associate in process development for Targeted Genetics Corporation; a biochemist in the Department of Antiviral Research at Merck & Co., a research assistant in the Department of Pulmonary Medicine at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and an analytical chemist in the Department of Spectrometry at Rohm and Haas, Inc.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012-Present
- North American South Asian Bar Association (NASABA), Chapter of the Year Award, 2012
- Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, Staff Editor, 2006-2007
- Grunstein MM., Hakonarson H., Maskeri N., Kim C., Chuang S. “Mechanism of Cooperative Effects of Rhinovirus and Atopic
Sensitization on Airway Responsiveness.” American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular & Molecular Physiology. 280(2):
February 2001. L229-238.
- Grunstein MM., Hakonarson H., Maskeri N., Kim C., Chuang S. “Intrinsic ICAM-1/LFA-1 Activation Mediates Altered
Responsiveness of Atopic Asthmatic Airway Smooth Muscle.” American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular & Molecular
Physiology. 278(6): June 2000. L1154-1163.
- Grunstein MM., Hakonarson H., Maskeri N., Chuang S. “Autocrine Cytokine Signaling Mediates Effects of Rhinovirus on Airway
Responsiveness.” American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular & Molecular Physiology. 278(6): June 2000. L1146-1153.
- Hakonarson H., Maskeri N., Carter C., Chuang S., Grunstein MM. “Autocrine Interaction Between IL-5 and IL-1 Beta mediates
Altered Responsiveness of Atopic Asthmatic Sensitized Airway Smooth Muscle.” Journal of Clinical Investigation. 104(5):
September 1999. 657-667.
- Hakonarson H., Carter C., Maskeri N., Hodinka R., Grunstein M. “Rhinovirus-Mediated Changes in Airway Smooth Muscle
Responsiveness: Induced Autocrine Role of Interleukin-1â.” American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular & Molecular
Physiology. 277(1 Pt 1): July 1999. L13-L21.
- Hakonarson H., Maskeri N., Carter C., Grunstein M. “Regulation of TH1- and TH2- type Cytokine Expression and Action in Atopic
Asthmatic Sensitized Airway Smooth Muscle.” Journal of Clinical Investigation. 103: April 1999. 1077-1087.
- Hakonarson H., Maskeri N., Carter C., Hodinka R., Grunstein M. “Mechanism of Rhinovirus-induced Changes in Airway Smooth
Muscle Responsiveness.” Journal of Clinical Investigation. 102(9): November 1998. 1732-1741.
North American South Asian Bar Association (NASABA)
• Board Member, June 2011-June 2016
• Executive Committee Member, June 2011-June 2016
• 2013-2016 Vice President Public Relations
• 2012 Convention Co-Chair, June 2011-Present
• 2011 Convention Entertainment Committee Chair, June 2010-June 2011
• 2010 Convention Entertainment Committee Member, June 2009-June 2010
South Asian Bar Association (SABA) – Philadelphia Chapter
• Chapter President, January 2012-December 2016
• Treasurer, January 2010-December 2011
• VP Law Student Outreach, January 2008-December 2009
Benjamin Franklin American Inn of Court
• Board Member, June 2011-June 2012
• Member September 2007-Present
• Member, September 2007-Present
Philadelphia Bar Association
• Board of Governors, January 2017-Present
• Diversity in the Profession Committee Member , January 2012-Present
• Community Outreach Committee Member, January 2012-Present