Mr. Jacob concentrates his practice on commercial and insurance litigation.
Mr. Jacob has extensive experience in commercial contract and business tort litigation, insurance and construction related matters.
Mr. Jacob was counsel for Plaintiff in Kay Investment v. Brody, 273 Mich App 432 (2006), where court held a business relationship to be a joint venture notwithstanding attributes of a partnership; was co-counsel for Plaintiff in Estes v. Idea Eng., 245 Mich App 328 (2001); 631 NW2d 89 (2001), en banc, 250 Mich App 270; 649 NW2d 84 (2002), where court held a shareholder in a closely held corporation had a direct shareholder cause of action for oppression; and was counsel for former officers and directors of insolvent insurers in Michigan, Illinois and Nevada. Cadillac Ins Co v. American National Bank, 1995 U.S. Dist LEXIS 11700 (NDIL) and 1992 U.S. Dist LEXIS 2815 (NDIL); F.H. Prince v. Tower Fin Corp, 1990 U.S. Dist LEXIS 11469 (NDIL);Towers Fin Corp v. Cadillac Ins Co, 1991 U.S. Dist LEXIS 11606, 12906, 13370, 13431, 15299, 16187 and 126 F.R.D. 531 (NDIL 1989); and Towers Charter v. Cadillac Ins Co, 708 F. Supp 612 (SDNY 1989).
- Martindale-Hubbell AV peer review rated
- Michigan Super Lawyer – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section, Rule 11 Sub-Committee
- State Bar of Michigan, Standard Jury Instruction Committee
- Oakland County Bar Association, Circuit Court Judges Committee