Ms. Mellon concentrates her practice on trademark and copyright law.
During her 40 years of experience, she has handled over 1000 trademark and copyright registrations in the US and throughout the world, assisting clients in obtaining and maintaining registration of their marks.
Ms. Mellon has handled hundreds of contested matters, including dozens of matters before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
She is an experienced advisor, helping clients enforce trademark rights and avoid infringing the rights of other trademark owners. She also handles licensing and other transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Mellon was an assistant prosecuting attorney in Oakland County, Michigan.
- AV Pre-eminent peer review,
Ms. Mellon represents a range of clients, including manufacturers, small business owners, software publishers, online service providers, entertainers and entrepreneurs. Marks that Ms. Mellon has recently handled include Autorama, Mikropor, Keradouce, Golden Sun, Hummerbee, Credential Check, Rebel Girl and Cloudsafe.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Computer Law Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Entertainment Law Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan (WLAM)
- American Intellectual Property Association (AIPLA)