Mr. Garascia practices in patent, trademark and copyright areas with a special concentration in trade secret matters. Mr. Garascia has over fifteen years’ experience in intellectual property litigation and actively assists clients in obtaining patents and federal trademark registrations.
He has extensive intellectual property litigation experience having prepared several cases for trial, participated in trials and has argued and prevailed in the Court of Appeals. He has participated on litigation teams achieving favorable trial judgments, summary judgments, preliminary injunctions and appeals decisions.
Mr. Garascia is knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs of varying business organizations having worked as an engineer at the Chrysler Corporation and automotive specialty products company, ASC, Inc. Having extensive engineering field experience and having worked in other business areas ranging from advanced design, purchasing, manufacturing and quality control, Mr. Garascia brings practical business and technical knowledge to every aspect of his practice.
- Law Review: Assoc. Editor, 1995-1996
- Evidence of Conception in Patent Interference Practice, UDM Law Rev. 1996
- Learning to Practice Law, Oakland County Bar Assoc., Laches, June 2003
- The Practice of Law – It’s Not Just a Job It’s a Profession, Oakland County Bar Assoc., Laches, September 2000
- State Bar of Michigan
- Chairman Professionalism Committee, Oakland County Bar Assoc., 2003-2005
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law for Engineers, Lawrence Tech. Univ., 2003
- Director, Kettering Univ. Alumni Board of Directors, 2002-2006
- Frequent lecturer to engineering and business students at Lawrence Tech. Univ. , Kettering Univ., and Michigan State University
- Den Leader, Cub Scouts, 2006-2008